Donor Recognition or Donor Anonymity.When you make a gift, or a gift from from your fund, an award letter recognizing you by name as the donor is generally sent to the grantee organization. However, if you wish to remain anonymous, we will ensure that your identity is kept confidential.
- Learning and Networking Opportunities. Our Annual Meeting, generally held each November, features thought-provoking discussion forums as well as the President’s report on our work over the past year. We invite and encourage all of our donors to attend this evening event. Community Foundation offers various publications, distributed to all donors free-of-charge, Pathways To Giving our newsletter.
- Assurance. The Foundation verifies all grant distributions through a rigorous due diligence process, ensuring that the recommended nonprofit organization is a registered public charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code.
Making grants from your fund. Those with a donor advised fund may submit a grant recommendation by completing a Donor Suggestion Form. This verifies the charitable intent of the recommendation and processes it for board approval. Donor Advised Fund Suggestion Form
Professional Investment Management. Our 65 years of proven experience in sound financial stewardship enables you to make the most of your investment. That means you can concentrate less on managing your fund and more on your philanthropic goals.
- Fund Administration and Reporting. We manage all donor funds according to the highest standards of accountability. An annual audit is conducted and an additional independent committee of professionals reviews the results.
- Financial Reports for You. You will receive a financial report on the investment returns and grantmaking activity of your fund on an annual basis. We maintain a complete history of your grantmaking in The Foundation's comprehensive database, as well as a hard copy of this history in your file. By managing accounting and record keeping for your fund, we relieve you of administrative tasks and IRS reporting.
- Helping you build a permanent legacy through planned giving. Our staff is available to help with charitable estate-planning, working with professional advisor(s), including insurance agents, financial planners, and estate/trust attorneys. We help donors explore strategies to reduce taxes and increase their income, while building a permanent philanthropic legacy.