Now Hiring: Donor Services Officer
Are you passionate about working with individuals, families and companies to help make a positive difference in our community and beyond? We are looking for a dynamic, engaging individual to join our Donor Services Team!
Donor Services Officer
PURPOSE OF JOB: The Donor Services officer is a key position which cultivates and maintains relationships with the Foundation’s Donors.
• In collaboration with other executive staff, work with active and prospective donors and Legacy Society members in all communities served by the Hamilton Community Foundation and its affiliates to support charitable giving and fund development.
• Take primary and proactive responsibility for developing, cultivating, and sustaining relationships with donors, prospects and professional advisors using the moves management process, which includes making and coordinating phone calls, meetings, correspondence, site visits, etc.
• Complete approximately 100 individual donor visits per year and provide appropriate follow-up for these relationships.
• Research, identify and cultivate prospects with information and materials highlighting the Foundation’s services. Comfortable with presenting to individuals or large groups about the benefit to donating to the Foundation.
• Leverage data to identify trends, drive decisions and measure outcomes. Keep detailed records of donor’s interests, ages, family engagement, potential opportunities for growth.
• Support outreach and communications to donors in collaboration with the Communication Manager, including fundraising campaigns, marketing materials, and social media posts. Ensure accuracy of publications including detailed oversight of donor information and personalized messages of gratitude.
• Integrate new donors, gifts, and funds in database and all systems to optimize donor connectivity with the Foundation and accurate reporting on development activity.
• Prepare, review and finalize fund documentation for donor gifts creating new funds.
• Maintain knowledge of current bequest agreements, update agreements as necessary, track obituaries, and support new relationships with successors.
• Other tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum education and experience: bachelor’s degree and five plus years’ experience in the asset development field, including substantial work and success in soliciting major and planned gifts preferred
• High levels of accuracy, productivity and initiative are required.
• High degree of professionalism and the ability to work independently and solve problems
• Able to maintain confidentiality.
• Strong organizational skills: detail oriented; ability to prioritize and manage several tasks efficiently, accurately and on time; ability to meet multiple deadlines, and ability to quickly shift priorities and adapt to change.
• Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with other staff members, board, committees, donors and community members.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of staff, donors, board members and general public.
• Exhibits professionalism in conduct, appearance and performance.
• Curious and self-motivated learner interested in understanding the nuances of fundraising, donor engagement and the role of community foundations.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; comfort in connecting to diverse constituents and the ability to build authentic, long-term relationships for an organization.
• Proven ability to work as a team player with diverse groups of people and a wide range of personalities. Strong analytic, problem solving and planning skills.
Demonstrated use of Microsoft Office computer operations – spreadsheets, word processing, presentation software and operating systems. Experience working in a network environment with integrated database. Familiarity with not-for-profit accounting software. Will be required to learn and operate Foundation's current software Foundant Technologies (Customer Relationship Management Software – CRM).
The salary range for this position is $50,000-$70,000 commensurate with experience, plus benefits.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to Jacob Stone-Welch, Director of Donor Services at [email protected]. No phone calls please.