Scholarships for Students Currently in College
Applications accepted April 1, 2023 - June 9, 2023.
The Hamilton Community Foundation understands the need for assistance with your education beyond the first year in college. These scholarships are to assist students in the Sophomore, Junior and Senior years in college. However, we also offer scholarships for students in law school, medical school and those pursuing masters degree in criminal justice.
To be eligible, you must:
- be a graduate of Badin High School, Edgewood High School, Fairfield High School, Hamilton High School, Lakota East High School, Lakota West High School, New Miami High School, Ross High School, Talawanda High School
- Law school and medical school applicants must be Butler County Ohio residents or attended one of the schools designated above.
- Criminal Justice applicants from throughout Ohio are also eligible.
- Students with parents employed at ThyssenKrupp Bilstein are eligible to apply
- Attending an accredited technical school, college or university
- Completed one full year in college
- Have at least a 2.5 GPA
- Be a full time student
Students applying for the Stewart Jones Memorial Religious Music Week Scholarship, you must be a junior and above, including graduate students and can be from anywhere across the country studying religious music as your major subject, with a view toward serving as a church music director or minister of music.
NOTE: The school must be accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and/or eligible to receive financial aid. You may check the accreditation status by visiting https://www.hlcommission.org/Directory-of-HLC-Institutions.html or contact your school for this information.
This past year we launched a new Scholarship Portal which includes a universal application that allows students to apply by completing a single application. The universal application not only decreases the redundancy of completing multiple applications, but it also matches applicants to opportunities they may be eligible for. No more searching and reading through endless criteria.
Ready to apply?
Go to the Scholarship Portal to create and/or login to your account. (Your email will be your login and you will create a password . Google Chrome browser works best with this system.)
If you have any questions, please contact Kasey Rouse, Scholarship Program Manager at the Foundation office 863-1717.
NOTE: If you received a renewable scholarship your senior year in high school, you are not eligible to apply for additional scholarships from the Foundation.
See the "renew your existing multi-year scholarship" to renew your award.